August 26 - August 29 2013
Tohoku University Kawauchi-North Campus
27-1 Kawauchi, Aoba-ku Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
R10-HTC2013 Organizing Committee,
co-sponsored by IEEE Humanitarian AdHoc
Committee, Region10, and Japan Council
on behalf of nine IEEE Sections all Japan
(Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Kansai, Nagoya, Sapporo, Sendai, Shikoku, Shinetsu, Tokyo)
- To friends who attended the conference.
Thank you very much for your contribution to the conference. All of the committee members are very much pleased if the conference could provide a good opportunity to think about the disaster versus technology discussion from the humanitarian viewpoints. We also hope you enjoyed staying in Sendai and could successfully get beneficial information and built human network through this opportunity.
Snapshots of the Conference Number of Registration approximately 200
Technical Presentation 63, including invited talks Technical Poster 12 Keynote talks 7, including a talk in the welcome reception Tutorials 2
Note: Accepted technical papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases soon.
Dr. Peter Staecker, president of IEEE, at his opening remarks
Dr. Roberto de Marca, president-elect of IEEE, at his closing remarks
Dr. Gordon Day, current past president of IEEE, at his special talk in the welcome reception
Mr. Mathew Loeb, staff executive of IEEE, at his keynote talk on Hurricane Sandy, a lesson from U.S. case.
Tour to a tsumani disaster area: at the central zone of Onagawa. Tsunami with 20m high attacked the area. Nothing remains!
「写真提供：宮城県観光課」: Photos were provided by Miyagi Prefecture Government Office
- Paper submission deadline is extended to March 15, 2013
- Call for posters at student branch, affinity group（GOLD, WIE, SIGHT, etc.), and chapter session is posted.
- Paper submission deadline is extended to March 31, 2013
- Paper submission deadline is extended to April 7, 2013
- Notification of paper acceptance. Author Guidlines, Registration, Registration Info., Hotels, Travel pages are renewed.
- Call for Posters of Humanitarian Technologies is posted.
- Conference president message is posted.
- Ishinomaki-tour information is posted.
- Program Plan is updated.
- Ishinomaki-tour information and Conference venue information are updated.
- Schedule at a glance and Technical Program are posted. Ishinomaki-tour information and Conference venue information and Keynotes and other talks are updated.
- Tutorial Disaster Archivesinformation is posted.
- The dimension of posters are changed. Information for Poster Presentors is posted.
- The Welcome Reception information is added on Keynotes and other talks page.
- Online registration has closed.
- Post-conference message is up.